This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dunkeld
- Service no: 539
- Rank: Saddler
- Regiment/Service: Scottish Horse
- Unit/Ship: 3rd Battalion
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death: 21
- Date of Death: 4.11.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Green Hill Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Special Memorial D.11.
- Date of Birth: 23.11.1893
- Place of Birth: 85 Henderson Row, Edinburgh
- Address: 1 Errol Tce, Dundee
- Occupation: Cashier, J.S. Bradford & Co, Burnside Works, Lochee
Alice Ferguson Lawson, 1 Errol Tce, Victoria Rd, Dundee
& Archibald, born 1898
More about Peter Lawson
Peter Lawson 539 1/3d Scottish Horse
DUNDEE SOLDIER KILLED IN ACTION.
Mrs Lawson, 1 Errol Terrace, Dundee, has been notified by the War Office of the death of her eldest son, Trooper Peter Lawson, 1/3rd Scottish Horse, who was killed on November 4th at Gallipoli. Aged 21, Trooper Lawson joined the army at the beginning of hostilities, and was previously engaged as cashier with J. S. Bradford & Co, Burnside Works, Lochee. Another son of Mrs Lawson, Private John Lawson, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, is at present fighting in France.
Dundee Courier 2nd December 1915
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Peter Lawson? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...