This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: April 1915
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 21418
- Rank: Corporal
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots
- Unit/Ship: 17th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 26
- Date of Death: 17.07.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Esquelbecq Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: III.E.13.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Occupation: Dyer, J & A Grimmond Ltd, Maxwelltown Works, Dundee
Elizabeth Love, 210 Hilltown, Dundee
Robert Love, 210 Hilltown, Dundee
More about William Love
William Love 21418 Royal Scots
Mr Robert Love, 210 Hilltown, has been notified that his son, Corporal William Love, Royal Scots, died on 17th July from wounds received on the 10th of that month. Deceased enlisted in April, 1915, and proceeded to France in January, 1916. He was 26 years of age, and was formerly employed as a dyer with J. & A. D. Grimond, Limited, Maxwelltown Works.
Dundee Courier 31st July 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about William Love? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...