This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 9863
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Highland Light Infantry
- Unit/Ship: 'B' Company, 2nd Battalion
- Place of Death: France and Flanders
- Age at Death: 28
- Date of Death: 13.11.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Redan Ridge Cemetery No. 2, Beaumont-Hamel
- Grave/Mem Ref no: A.93
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 3 Hunter Street, Dundee
More about James Low
James Low 9863 Highland Light Infantry
DUNDEE H.L.I. MAN REPORTED KILLED.
Private James Low, H.L.I., who was posted as missing over a year ago, has now been officially reported killed.
Deceased was a son of Mrs M. Lindsay, 8 Hunter Street, Dundee, and had been at the front since shortly after the outbreak of hostilities. Prior to that he had been stationed in India.
Dundee Courier 18th July 1917
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Low? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...