This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: Clyde Z/4810
- Rank: Able Seaman
- Regiment/Service: Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve
- Unit/Ship: Howe Battalion, R.N. Div
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death: 23
- Date of Death: 15.11.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Twelve Tree Copse Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.C.18.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 22 Gardner Street, Lochee.
- Occupation: Postal Worker
Christina Lyon, 22 Gardner St, Dundee
John Lyon, 22 Gardner St, Dundee
More about Burnett Lyon
The photograph is that of A.B. Burnett Lyon, of the Howe Battalion Royal Naval Division, whose death in action at Gallipoli occurred on 15th November. A.B. Lyon, who was 23 years of age, was the younger son of Mr and Mrs J. Lyon, 22 Gardener Street. He joined the Royal Naval Division 5½ months before he laid down his life. A.B. Lyon served his apprenticeship as an upholsterer with Thomas Justice & Sons, Ltd, Dundee, and prior to enlisting he was employed in the General Post Office, Dundee.
Dundee Courier December 22nd 1915
Additional Information and image very kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Burnett Lyon? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...