This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: I/5314 & 296366
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Labour Corps
- Unit/Ship: 760th Area Employment Company
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 03.08.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Longuenesse (St Omer) Souvenir Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: V.D.28.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Edinburgh
- Address: 20 Kidd St, Dundee
Janet Duncan Mackie, 26 Kidd St, Dundee
More about James Mackie
James Mackie 1/5314 – 296366 Labour Corps
MACKIE―Died in hospital, in France, on 3d August 1918, Private J. Mackie, Labour Coy., beloved brother of Miss J. Mackie, 20 Kidd Street, Dundee. – Inserted by his sorrowing sister.
Dundee People’s Journal 24th August 1918
Additional information and image courtesy of Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Mackie'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...