This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
George Charles Mansie
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Glasgow
- Service no: 327012
- Rank: Gunner
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Garrison Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 1st/1st North Midland, Heavy Battery
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 27.05.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Hermonville Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.I.10.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Barony
- Address: 32 Dudhope Cres Rd, Dundee
James Manners Mansie, 32 Dudhope Cres Rd, Dundee
C. L. Mansie & Mrs William Batchelor
More about George Charles Mansie
George Charles Mansie 327012 Royal Garrison Artillery
MANSIE—Killed in action on 27th May 1918, Gunner George Charles Mansie, youngest brother of C. L. Mansie.
Inserted by his sorrowing sister, Mrs William Batchelor, Rockfield Place, 256 Hilltown, Dundee.
Dundee People’s Journal 20th July 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about George Charles Mansie'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...