This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
David Garrick Manson
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: R/2098
- Rank: Able Seaman
- Regiment/Service: Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve
- Unit/Ship: Drake Battalion, R.N. Div
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 21
- Date of Death: 04.11.1917
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Tyne Cot Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 2 & 3 & 162 to 162A
- Date of Birth: 19.01.1898
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 29 Caldrum St, Dundee
- Occupation: J. & A.D. Grimond Ltd, Bowbridge Works, Dundee
Jane Kerr (formerly Manson), 17 Mortimer St, Dundee
David, born 01.08.1917
More about David Garrick Manson
David has no known grave but is remembered on the Tyne Cot Memorial.
DUNDEE A.B. KILLED.
Mrs David Manson, 29 Caldrum Street, Dundee, have received intimation that her husband, A.B., D. G. Manson, Royal Naval Division, had been killed on November 4. Previous to joining the colours he was in the employment of J. & A. D. Grimond Limited, Bowbridge Works.
A.B. Manson, who was 19 years of age, enlisted eighteen months ago, and had been five months at the front.
Dundee Courier 26th November 1917
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about David Garrick Manson? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...