This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: 1916
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 334282
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Highland Light Infantry
- Unit/Ship: 9th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 26
- Date of Death: 29.09.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Targelle Ravine British Cemetery, Villers-Guislain
- Grave/Mem Ref no: A.24.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Monifieth
- Address: 3 St Matthew St, Dundee
- Occupation: Joiner, James Pollock, Dallfield Walk, Dundee
William Masson, 3 St Matthew St, Dundee
More about James Masson
Son of Mr & Mrs William Masson.
James Masson 334282 H.L.I.
Private James Masson, H.L.I., who was killed in action on 29th September, was the only son of Mr and Mrs W. Masson, 3 Matthew Street, Dundee. Deceased was twenty-five years of age, and joined up in 1916. He had been in France for nineteen months. In civil life he was a joiner with Mr James Pollock, Dallfield Walk.
Dundee Courier 2nd November 1918
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Masson? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...