This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
Thomas Petrie Macfarlane
- Date of enlistment: November 1915
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 7675
- Rank: Gunner
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Garrison Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 118th Siege Battery
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 26
- Date of Death: 27.10.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Delville Wood Cemetery, Longueval
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Sp.Mem.A.2.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 107 Rosebank St, Dundee
- Occupation: Stevenson Bros, Dye Works, Dundee
Alexander Macfarlane, 98 Rosebank St, Dundee
More about Thomas Petrie Macfarlane
This man is listed as McFarlane on the original Dundee Roll of Honour.
Thomas P. Macfarlane 7675 Royal Garrison Artillery
DUNDEE ARTILLERMAN KILLED.
Mr Alexander Macfarlane, 101 Rosebank Street, Dundee, has received intimation of the death in action of his son, Gunner Thomas P. Macfarlane, of the Royal Garrison Artillery. He was 26 years of age, and before enlisting in November of last year he was an employee of Stevenson Brothers, Dundee Dyeworks. Gunner Macfarlane had been at the front for several months.
Dundee Courier 11th November 1916
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Thomas Petrie Macfarlane'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...