This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: October 1916
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: S/16301
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Seaforth Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 8th Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 26
- Date of Death: 28.08.1917
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Brandhoek Military Cemetery No3
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.C.19.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Lochee, Dundee
- Address: 9 South Mid Street, Lochee.
- Occupation: Camperdown Jute Works, Dundee
Mrs McGrann, 8 South Mid St, Lochee
More about Patrick McGrann
Patrick McGrann S/16301 Seaforth Highlanders
Private Patrick McGrann, of the Seaforth Highlanders, who has been killed in action, was the only son of Mrs McGrann, 8 South Mid Street, Lochee, and was in his twenty-sixth year. He enlisted in October, 1916, and had been eight months in France. In April he was wounded. Private McGrann was formerly employed in Camperdown Jute Works.
Dundee Courier 5th September 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Patrick McGrann? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...