This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: Clyde Z/278
- Rank: Able Seaman
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve
- Unit/Ship: Nelson Battalion, R.N. Div
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death: 19
- Date of Death: 05.06.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Helles Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 8 to 15
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 60a Liff Rd, Lochee, Dundee
- Occupation: John Scott & Son (Joiners) Fyffe St, Dundee
Isabella McIntosh, 60a Liff Rd, Lochee, Dundee
J. McIntosh, 60a Liff Rd, Lochee, Dundee
More about Alexander McIntosh
Alexander McIntosh has no known grave but is remembered on the Helles Memorial.
Alexander McIntosh CZ/278 Nelson Bn Royal Naval Division
LOCHEE SAILOR KILLED AT DARDANELLES.
Mr and Mrs J. McIntosh, 60a Liff Road, Lochee, have received notification from the Record Office that their son, A.B. Alexander McIntosh,Nelson Battalion, Royal Naval Division, was killed at the Gallipoli Peninsula on 5th June. Able Seaman McIntosh was 19 years of age. He enlisted in September, 1914, and left with his battalion for the Dardanelles in February last. Prior to enlisting he was employed by Messrs John Scott & Son, joiners, Fyffe Street, Dundee.
Dundee Courier 17th November 1915
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldewll
Can you tell us more about Alexander McIntosh'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...