This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: June 1916
- Place of enlistment: Alexandria, Dumbartonshire
- Service no: 420452
- Rank: Sapper
- Regiment/Service: Royal Engineers
- Unit/Ship: 477th Field Company
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 04.10.1917
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Duhallow Advanced Dressing Station Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.D.29.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Alexandria, Dumbartonshire
- Address: 11 Rosefield Street, Dundee
- Occupation: Motor Engineer, Argyll Motor Company, Alexandria
Janet Shaw McLagan, 11 Rosefield St, Dundee
Jean? born 05.07.1912
More about Peter McLagan
Peter McLagan 420452
DUNDEE SAPPER MAKES SUPREME SACRIFICE.
Sapper Peter M’Lagan, who belongs to Dundee, has been killed in action. The sad intelligence has been received by his wife, who at present resides with her mother at 11 Rosefield Street, Dundee. Deceased enlisted in June, 1916, and proceeded to France a year later, being killed in the beginning of October.
Prior to enlistment he was employed as a motor engineer with the Argyll Motor Company, Alexandria. A brother was killed in action some time ago.
Dundee Courier 3rd November 1917
Additional information and image very kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Peter McLagan? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...