This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
George Young McLaren
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 6889
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 1st/7th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 27
- Date of Death: 13/11/1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Y-Ravine Cemetery, Beaumont Hamel
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Sp. Mem. D.8
- Date of Birth: 28/06/1889
- Place of Birth: Midmill, Dundee
- Address: 83 Liff Road, Dundee.
- Occupation: Bleachfield Worker, Dundee Bleachfield
Elizabeth McLaren, née Purivs
Wiliam, Agnes, Elizabeth, and Joseph
Mary McLaren née Nicoll
Joan, Elizabeth, John
Information kindly supplied by Ken Kenneth, George’s grandson.
Can you tell us more about George Young McLaren? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...