This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
George Young McLaren
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 6889
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 1st/7th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 27
- Date of Death: 13/11/1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Y-Ravine Cemetery, Beaumont Hamel
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Sp. Mem. D.8
- Date of Birth: 28/06/1889
- Place of Birth: Midmill, Dundee
- Address: 57 Liff Road, Lochee, Dundee.
- Occupation: Bleachfield Worker, Dundee Bleachfield
Elizabeth McLaren, née Purivs
Wiliam, Agnes, Elizabeth, and Joseph
Mary Ann McLaren née Nicoll, 57 Liff Rd, Lochee, Dundee
Joan, born 23.10.1910, Elizabeth, born 05.01.1913, & John, born 03.01.1916
Information kindly supplied by Ken Kenneth, George’s grandson.
Can you tell us more about George Young McLaren? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...