This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Forfar
- Service no: 2790
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 5th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 21
- Date of Death: 03/09/1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Thiepval Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Pier and Face 10 A.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 30 Hilltown, Dundee
- Occupation: Mill Worker, Mid St Mill, Dundee
More about Henry McLaren
Henry has no known grave but is remembered on the Thiepval Memorial.
Henry McLaren 2790 Black Watch
Black Watch Man Killed.
Pte. M’Laren, who was 21 years of age, had been at the front for nineteen months, and prior to enlistment was a millworker in Mid Street Mill.
Dundee Courier 20th September 1916
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Henry McLaren? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...