This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: June 1915
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 545300
- Rank: Sapper
- Regiment/Service: Royal Engineers
- Unit/Ship: 428th Field Company
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 37
- Date of Death: 05.05.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Couin New British Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: D.35.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Monifieth
- Address: Wellbank Feus by Dundee
Eliza Jane McLeish, Currend, Carmyllie.
More about William McLeod
- M’Leod Royal Engineers
Sapper W. M’Leod, Royal Engineers, whose wife resides at Wellbank Fens, Dundee, was killed in action on 5th May. Sapper M’Leod enlisted in June 1915, and saw eight months’ service at the front. He leaves six children. Deceased was a son-in-law of Mr A. Peters, Kirkbuddo.
Dundee Courier 25th June 1918
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about William McLeod? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...