This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: August 1916
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 25718
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Kings Own Scottish Borderers
- Unit/Ship: 1st Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 28
- Date of Death: 17.04.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Le Grand Hasard Military Cemetery, Morbeque
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Plot 3. Row B. Grave 1.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dunfermline
- Address: 40 Kemback Street, Dundee
- Occupation: Craigie Works, Robertson St, Dundee
More about Peter Monaghan
Peter Monaghan K.O.S.B.
Pte. Peter Monaghan, K.O.S.B., resided with his sister at 40 Kemback St. He was 27 years of age. Enlisting in August, 1916, he proceeded to France in the same year, but was later admitted to hospital suffering from shell shock. After recovery he rejoined his regiment, and had since taken part in much of the severe fighting. Prior to joining the colours, he was employed in Craigie Works, Robertson Street.
Dundee Courier 9th May 1918
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Peter Monaghan? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...