This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 3/3237
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 2nd Battalion
- Place of Death: Royal Victoria Hospital, Netley, Hampshire
- Age at Death: 42
- Date of Death: 30/05/1916
- Burial Country: United Kingdom
- Cemetery: Netley Military Cemetery, Hampshire
- Grave/Mem Ref no: N. 357.
- Date of Birth: 26.10.1873
- Place of Birth: 61 Strathmartine Rd, Dundee
- Address: 48 Victoria Rd, Dundee
- Occupation: Power Loom Tenter
John, Ellen, Mary, Christina & Alexander
Charles, Joshua Hebden, Mary Swan, Christina, James Hendry, Jane Leighton Forrest, Margaret Hebden, John Hendry Hebden, Alexander, & Milne Mitchell Forrest Morrison.
More about James Morrison
The C.W.G.C. burial reports for this man have conflicting information on James Black Watch Battalion, one grave registration report form lists him serving with the 1st Battalion Black Watch, whilst another grave registration report form lists him as serving with the 2nd battalion.
Additional information kindly supplied by James Meechie
Can you tell us more about James Morrison? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...