This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: January 1918
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: S/41569
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Cameron Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 5th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 19
- Date of Death: 17.07.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Longuenesse (St. Sever) Souvenir Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: V.C.76.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 70 Constable St, Dundee
- Occupation: Caledon Shipyard, Dundee
George Morrison, 70 Constable St, Dundee
More about John Morrison
John Morrison S/41569 Cameron Highlanders
Private John Morrison, Cameron Highlanders, eldest son of Mr and Mrs George Morrison, 70 Constable Street, Dundee, has died of wounds. Deceased who was about 19 years of age, enlisted in January of this year, and went to France on 6th June. He was formerly employed in the Caledon Ship-building Yard. Mr Morrison’s father is serving in the R.N.V.R.
Dundee Courier 30th July 1918
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Morrison? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...