This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
Francis T. Mudie
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Perth
- Service no: 16758
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 14th Battalion
- Place of Death: Israel/Palestine
- Age at Death: 19
- Date of Death: 06/11/1917
- Burial Country: Israel and Palestine (including Gaza)
- Cemetery: Beersheba War Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: L. 21.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: St Andrews
- Address: Mid St, Dundee
- Occupation: Mrs Miller, Balgillo, Broughty Ferry
Catherine Hood Mudie, 3 Mid St, Dundee
Harry Mudie, 3 Mid St, Dundee
More about Francis T. Mudie
Frank Mudie 16758 Black Watch
YOUNG DUNDEE SOLDIER’S DEATH.
Information has been received by his parents Mr and Mrs Harry Mudie, 3 Mid Street, Dundee, of the death of Private Frank Mudie, Black Watch. The official record shows that he was killed in action on the 6th inst. The young man–he was in his nineteenth year–was in the employment of Mrs Miller, Balgillo, prior to joining the colours about eighteen months ago.
Dundee Courier 24th November 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Francis T. Mudie? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...