This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: 1916
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 23743
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots Fusiliers
- Unit/Ship: 8th Battalion
- Place of Death: Greece
- Age at Death: 21
- Date of Death: 19.09.1918
- Burial Country: Greece
- Cemetery: Doiran Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.E.18.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 16 Strathmartine Rd, Dundee
- Occupation: Mill Worker, Dura St, Works, Dundee
More about Adolph Nay
Son of Mr & Mrs Nay, 16 Strathmartine Rd, Dundee
Adolf Nay 23743 Royal Scots
Pte. Adolf Nay. Royal Scots, eldest son of Mr and Mrs Nay, 16 Strathmartine Road, Dundee, was killed in action on 19th September. Private Nay, who was 21 years of age, enlisted in 1916, and had been over two years in Salonika. Prior to the outbreak of war, he was a millworker in Dura Works.
Dundee Courier 9th October 1918
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Adolph Nay? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...