This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 13937 & 113830
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Labour Corps
- Unit/Ship: 40th Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 43
- Date of Death: 20/08/1918
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Abeele Aerodrome Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II. E. 7.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 31 North Street, Dundee
Helen Ferrier Orr, née Boath. Married 1907, 31 North St, Dundee
More about Robert Orr
Private Orr was initially with the Seaforth Highlanders Labour Bn with the service number 113830 but was later transferred to the 40th Bn. Labour Corps. Here he received the service number 13937. He was killed on 20th August 1918.
Additional information kindly supplied by Gordon Boath.
Can you tell us more about Robert Orr'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...