This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
Alexander Low Rae
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 366560
- Rank: Gunner
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Garrison Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 125th Heavy Battery
- Place of Death: No1 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 09.05.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Pernes British Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.B.21.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 36 Hilltown, Dundee
Mary A. Rae, 36 Hilltown, Dundee
More about Alexander Low Rae
Formerly 404291, 2/3rd Highland Field Coy, Royal Engineers.
Alexander Low Rae 366560 Royal Garrison Artillery
RAE― In loving remembrance of my dear husband, Gunner A. L. Rae, who died of wounds, 9th May 1918, at No. 1 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, France. – Inserted by his widow, Mrs A. L. Rae, 36 Hilltown, Dundee.
Dundee People’s Journal 17th May 1919
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Alexander Low Rae'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...