This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 39134
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots
- Unit/Ship: 11th Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 25
- Date of Death: 20.09.1917
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Tyne Cot Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 11 to 14 & 162
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 27 Lower Pleasance, Dundee
- Occupation: Halley Brothers, Hacklemakers, South Ward Rd, Dundee
Annie Reilly, 27 Lower Pleasance, Dundee
More about John Reilly
John has no known grave but is remembered on the Tyne Cot Memorial. Formerly 25950, Highland Light Infantry.
John Reilly 39134 Royal Scots
DUNDEE ROYAL SCOT MAKES SUPREME SACRIFICE.
News has been received of the death in action of Sergeant John Reilly, Royal Scots, youngest son of Mrs Reilly, 27 Lower Pleasance, Dundee. The deceased, who was 25 years of age, was previously employed by Halley Brothers, Limited, hacklemakers, South Ward Road, Dundee.
Dundee Courier 24th October 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Reilly? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...