Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: 01.10.1915
- Place of enlistment: Holsworthy, NSW.
- Service no: 11528
- Rank: Gunner
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Australian Field Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 2nd Divisional Ammunition Column
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 27
- Date of Death: 27.09.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Roisel Communal Cemetery Extension
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.M.14.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 172 Ann Street, Dundee
- Occupation: Farm Labourer
Annie McG. Reynolds, 200 Flood St, Leichardt, NSW, Australia
Hugh Reynolds, 200 Flood St, Leichardt, NSW, Australia
More about Edward Reynolds
For more information on Edward, visit Edward’s Service Record. Edward was the brother of Pte Bernard Reynolds 943, 15th Battalion, Australian Infantry who was killed in action 28.08.1916. Their parents resided at 45 Dens Rd, Dundee, prior to moving to Australia.
Edward Reynolds 11528 Australian Field Artillery
REYNOLDS—Killed in action, 27th September, 11528 Gunner Edward Reynolds A.F.A., aged 26, beloved son of Hugh and Ann Reynolds, 172 Ann Street, Dundee.
Dundee People’s Journal 12th October 1918
Information supplied by Gary Thomson, additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Edward Reynolds'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...