This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Falkirk
- Service no: 275372
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 1st/7th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 23.11.1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Rocquigny-Equancourt Road British Cemetery, Manancourt
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.C.7.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Kinning Park
- Address: 4 Springhill, Dundee
Robert Ritchie, 4 Springhill, Dundee
More about John Ritchie
John Ritchie 275372 Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders
RITCHIE―Died of wounds in hospital, on the 23rd November, Private John Ritchie, A. and S.H., aged 20, youngest son of Mr and Mrs R. Ritchie, 4 Springhill, Dundee. – Inserted by his mother.
Dundee People’s Journal 8th December 1917
Additional information and image courtesy of Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Ritchie'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...