This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: June 1916
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 183100
- Rank: Sapper
- Regiment/Service: Royal Engineers
- Unit/Ship: 185th Tunnelling Company
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 39
- Date of Death: 25.08.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Aubigny Communal Cemetery Extension
- Grave/Mem Ref no: IV.D.33.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Forfar
- Address: 20 Baxter St, Dundee
- Occupation: Painter, Norwell & Son, Commercial St, Dundee
Mary H. Robertson, 20 Baxter St, Dundee
More about Alexander Robertson
Alexander Robertson 183100 Royal Engineers
Sappers Death from Wounds.
Mrs Robertson, 20 Baxter Street, has been informed that her husband, Sapper Alexander Robertson, R. E., had been seriously wounded, and died in a casualty clearing station on 25th August. Sapper Robertson joined up in June, 1916, and had been one year in France. In civil life he was a painter with Messrs Norwell & Son, Commercial St. He leaves a widow and seven of a family.
Dundee Courier 4th September 1918
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Alexander Robertson? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...