Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
We need you to tell us more about the life and times of John Charles Robinson
John Charles Robinson
- Date of enlistment: October 1915
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 24968
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Highland Light Infantry
- Unit/Ship: 12th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 23
- Date of Death: 13.08.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Caterpillar Valley Cemetery, Longueval
- Grave/Mem Ref no: V.E.20.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 151 Victoria Rd, Dundee
- Occupation: Stevensons Dyeworks, Dundee
Jane Robinson, 7 Dallfield Walk, Dundee
More about John Charles Robinson
John Charles Robinson 24968 Highland Light Infantry
DUNDEE SOLDIER MISSING.
Private John Charles Robinson, of the Highland Light Infantry, who resided at 151 Victoria Road, Dundee, has been missing since 5th July. He enlisted in October, 1915, and has been at the front for seven months. Before he joined the army Private Robinson was employed in Stevenson’s Dyeworks. He is twenty-three years of age, and is married.
Dundee Courier 7th September 1916
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Charles Robinson'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...