Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 25888
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Highland Light Infantry
- Unit/Ship: 20th Battalion
- Place of Death: Dundee War Hospital
- Age at Death: 21
- Date of Death: 13.08.1916
- Burial Country: Scotland
- Cemetery: Dundee Eastern Necropolis
- Grave/Mem Ref no: PP.4.263.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Sandgate, Kent
- Address: 32 Caldrum Street, Dundee
Grace Smith Rogers, 32 Caldrum St, Dundee
Edwin Rogers, 32 Caldrum St, Dundee
More about Walter Rogers
Walter was the brother of Sapper Edwin Rogers 3647, 3rd Divisional Signal Company, Canadian Engineers, who was killed in action 20.09.1916.
Walter Rogers 25888 Highland Light Infantry
ROGERS—At Dundee War Hospital, on the 13th, Private Walter Rogers, 20th Battalion Highland Light Infantry, second son of Mrs Rogers, 32 Caldrum Street, Dundee, aged 21.
Dundee Courier 14th August 1916
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Walter Rogers'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...