This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Fettercairn
- Service no: 291172
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Gordon Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 1st/6th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 22.11.1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Lebucquiere Communal Cemetery Extension
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.G.5.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Fettercairn
- Address: Arnhall Mills, Edzell, Forfarshire
James Silver, Wool Mills, Arnhall
Miss Janet S. Silver, St Rule, Edzell, Forfarshire
More about Frank Silver
Frank Silver 291172 Gordon Highlanders
EDZELL SOLDIER DIES OF WOUNDS.
Intimation of the death, on November 22, from wounds received in action, of Private Frank Silver, Gordon Highlanders, younger son of Mr James Silver, Wool Mills, Arnhall, was received with much regret in the Edzell district, where the young man was well known and held in high esteem. He was a member of the local String Band, Angling Club, and Miniature Rifle Club, and was altogether very popular.
Montrose Standard 14th December 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Frank Silver? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...