This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 326258
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 1st/7th Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 23
- Date of Death: 09.09.1917
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Dozinghem Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: VI.B.11.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 3 Kincardine Street, Dundee
Elizabeth Sime, c/o Sime, 57 Caledonia Ave, Rochester, New York, USA
More about Robert Sime
Robert Sime 326258 Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders
SIME—Private Robert Sime, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, died 9th September, 1917, at a Casualty Clearing Station, from wounds received in action, aged 23 years, son of Mrs Sime, 236 Overgate.
Dundee Peoples Journal 29th September 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Robert Sime'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...