This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 200054
- Rank: Company Sergeant Major
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 'C' Company, 4th/5th Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 31
- Date of Death: 26/09/1917
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Tyne Cot Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 94 to 96.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Edinburgh
- Address: 46 Hillbank Road, Dundee
Jane Smith, 46 Hillbank Rd, Dundee
James, born -7.06.1907, Elizabeth, born 04.09.1909, Mary, born 17.07.1911 & Richard, born 04.11.1913
More about Richard Smith
Richard has no known grave but is remembered on the Tyne Cot Memorial.
Richard Smith 200054 Black Watch
SMITH—Killed in action, September 26th, Coy.-Sergeant-Major, Richard Smith, (200054), Black Watch, R.H., aged 31 years, beloved husband of Jane Galloway, 46 Hillbank.
Dundee Peoples Journal 27th September 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Richard Smith'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...