This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
Robert Miller Henderson Stewart
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: 2146
- Rank: Chief Mechanic
- Regiment/Service: Royal Air Force
- Unit/Ship: 35th Squadron
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 07.11.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: St Sever Cemetery Extension, Rouen
- Grave/Mem Ref no: S.III.M.5.
- Date of Birth: 02.06.1894
- Place of Birth: Broughty Ferry
- Address: 6 Edwards Pl, Broughty Ferry
More about Robert Miller Henderson Stewart
This man is recorded as George Miller Henderson Stewart on Airmen Died in the Great War data disc. He is listed as being awarded the Military Medal on the original Dundee Roll of Honour but there is no record of this award on either C.W.G.C. or A.D.G.W.
Robert is remembered on the Grove Academy, Broughty Ferry school war memorial.
Information supplied by Gary Thomson
Can you tell us more about Robert Miller Henderson Stewart? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...