This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
John Lamb Tait
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Glasgow
- Service no: S/10463
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 2nd Battalion,
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 36
- Date of Death: 29.10.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Guards Cemetery, Lesboeufs
- Grave/Mem Ref no: VI.S.4.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Monifieth
- Occupation: 'Weekly News', Glasgow
Mary Reid Tait, 23 St Vincent St, Broughty Ferry
John A. Tait, 23 St Vincent St, Broughty Ferry
More about John Lamb Tait
John Tait S/10463 Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders
“COURIER” EMPLOYEE KILLED.
Private John Tait, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, who was killed in action on 29th October. Previous to enlisting Private Tait was employed in the “Weekly News” Office in Glasgow.
Dundee Courier 16th November 1916
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Lamb Tait'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...