This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: August 1915
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 21493
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: King's Own Scottish Borderers
- Unit/Ship: 7th/8th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 26
- Date of Death: 09.07.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Loos Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 53 to 56
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 219 Overgate, Dundee
- Occupation: Logie Works, Dundee
Mrs C. Taylor, 219 Overgate, Dundee
More about Constantine Taylor
Constantine has no known grave but is remembered on the Loos Memorial.
Constantine Taylor 21493 K.O.S.B.
DUNDEE SOLDIER MISSING.
Intimation has been received by his mother, who resides at 219 Overgate, Dundee, that Private Constantine Taylor, K.O.S.B., has been posted as missing since 9th July. Private Taylor, who is 26 years of age, enlisted in August of 1915. He was previously employed in Logie Works, Dundee.
Dundee Courier 18th October 1916
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Constantine Taylor? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...