This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
John B. Taylor
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 121495
- Rank: Gunner
- Regiment/Service: Royal Garrison Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 259th Siege Battery
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 22.08.1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Trois Arbres Cemetery, Steenwerk
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.Z.38
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Portgordon
- Address: 22 Dens Rd, Dundee
- Occupation: Branch Manager, Liptons Store, West Port, Dundee
Wife, 52 Hawkhill, Dundee
More about John B. Taylor
John B. Taylor 121495 Royal Garrison Artillery
DUNDEE GUNNER KILLED IN ACTION.
Official information has been received by his wife, who resides at 52 Hawkhill, Dundee, of the death in action of Gunner J. B. Taylor, Royal Garrison Artillery.
Before joining up deceased was employed as branch manager of Lipton’s store at West Port, Dundee, and had been with that firm for over sixteen years. He leaves a widow and three children.
Dundee Courier 5th September 1917
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John B. Taylor? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...