This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Broughty Ferry
- Service no: 2115
- Rank: Gunner
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Garrison Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 67th Siege Battery
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 20.08.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Flatiron Copse Cemetery, Mametz
- Grave/Mem Ref no: V111.G.6.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Anderston, Glasgow
- Address: 14 Kinloch St, Dundee
Catherine Jones (nee Thoms) 16 Strathmartine Rd, Dundee
More about William Thoms
William Thoms 2115 Royal Garrison Artillery
THOMS___Killed in action on 20th August, 2115, Gunner William Thoms, R.G.A., late of 14 Kinloch Street, Dundee, only son of the late Robert Thom, baker, of Glasgow and Dundee. Inserted by his sister Cathie.
Dundee People’s Journal 9th September 1916
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about William Thoms'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...