Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: 15.02.1915
- Place of enlistment: Broadmeadows, Victoria, Australia
- Service no: 551
- Rank: Trooper
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Australian Light Horse
- Unit/Ship: 8th Battalion
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death: 28
- Date of Death: 07.08.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Ari Burnu Cemetery, ANZAC
- Grave/Mem Ref no: A.6.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Thirdpart, Crail, Fife
Jessie Christina Tosh, Mansefield, Anstruther
James Tosh, Mansefield, Anstruther
Mrs W. Tosh, 55 Victoria St, Dundee
1 Daughter, (name unknown)
More about William Tosh
For more information on William, visit William’s Service Record.
William Tosh 551 Australian Light Horse
TOSH—Killed in action, on the 7th August, 1915, Private William Tosh, Australians, eldest son of Mrs William Tosh, 82 Overgate.
Dundee Peoples Journal 17th March 1917
Information supplied by Gary Thomson, additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell, grave marker image courtesy of Darren w. findagrave.com
Can you tell us more about William Tosh'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...