This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: November 1915
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 29438
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots
- Unit/Ship: 15th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 19
- Date of Death: 23.04.1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery, Souchez
- Grave/Mem Ref no: XV.G.14.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 28 Polepark Road, Dundee
- Occupation: Jute Dresser
James Watson, 28 Polepark Rd, Dundee
More about David Watson
David Watson 29438 Royal Scots
DUNDEE ROYAL SCOT KILLED.
Private David Watson, Royal Scots, whose father resides at 28 Polepark Road, Dundee, has been killed in action.
Private Watson, who was 19 years of age, enlisted in November, 1915, and had been in France for almost a year. In civil life he was employed as a jute-dresser.
Dundee Courier 22nd May 1917
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about David Watson'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...