This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
William Webster Watt
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Leek, Staffordshire
- Service no: 201737
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: North Staffordshire Regiment
- Unit/Ship: 1st/5th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 14.03.1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Shrine Cemetery, Bucquoy
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.A.8
- Date of Birth: 1889
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Occupation: Hospital Orderly, St Edwards Mental Hospital, Cheddleton, Staffs
More about William Webster Watt
William is remembered on the St. Edwards Mental Hospital, Cheddleton, War Memorial. His mother Anne was a boardinghouse keeper at 59 Constitution St, Dundee.
Next of kin listed as Agnes Watt, 12 Deedes St, Cootdyke, Airdrie.
Additional information kindly supplied by Dona Robertson
Can you tell us more about William Webster Watt'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...