This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Glasgow
- Service no: 33060 & 123040
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Labour Corps
- Unit/Ship: Depot Labour Coy, 207th Div, Employment Coy, Labour Corps
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 33
- Date of Death: 23.09.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Duisans British Cemetery, Etrun
- Grave/Mem Ref no: VI.H.32.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 45 Nelson St, Dundee
Elizabeth Weir, 12 Burnside St, Glasgow
More about William Weir
William originally served with the Royal Scots Fusiliers with the regimental No 33060 before transfering to the Labour Corps.
Can you tell us more about William Weir'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...