This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 9052
- Rank: Sergeant
- Regiment/Service: King's Own Scottish Borderers
- Unit/Ship: 1st Battalion
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death: 29
- Date of Death: 26.04.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Helles Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 84 to 92 or 220 to 222
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 91 South Road, Lochee.
William Wilkie, 91 South Rd, Lochee
More about Thomas Wilkie
Thomas has no known grave but is remembered on the Helles Memorial.
News has been received of the death in action at Gallipoli of Sergeant Wilkie, 1st K.O.S.B., who resided with his aunt, Mrs Nunn, 13 Forebank Road, Dundee.
Dundee Courier 19th June 1915
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Thomas Wilkie? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...