This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
George Reekie Wilson
- Date of enlistment: July 1916
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 191467
- Rank: Sapper
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Engineers
- Unit/Ship: Base Signal Depot
- Place of Death: Tanzania, Africa
- Age at Death: 36
- Date of Death: 23.03.1917
- Burial Country: Tanzania, Africa
- Cemetery: Dar Es Salaam War Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: 2.C.6.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 41 Lyon Street, Dundee
- Occupation: Postal Worker, General Post Office, Dundee
Jessie Wilson, 41 Lyon St, Dundee
Alexander Wilson, 41 Lyon St, Dundee
More about George Reekie Wilson
George R. Wilson 191467 attached African Expeditionary Force
DUNDEE SOLDIER SUCCUMBS TO MALARIA.
Sapper George R. Wilson attached to the African Expeditionary Force, has died from malaria. Deceased, whose father resides at 41 Lyon Street, Dundee, was a little over 30 years of age. Prior to enlisting in July of last year he was engaged in the telegraph department of the Dundee Post Office, where he had served for about sixteen years.
Dundee Courier 29th March 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about George Reekie Wilson'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...