This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 201173
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 4th/5th Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 23
- Date of Death: 31/07/1917
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 37.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 4 Hunter Street, Dundee
Agnes Wishart, 14 Temple Lane, Dundee
More about John Wishart
John has no known grave but is remembered on the Menin Gate Memorial.
John Wishart 201173 Black Watch
WISHART—Killed in action, on 31st July 1917, Private John Wishart, beloved husband of Agnes Wishart, 4 Hunter Street.
Dundee People’s Journal 25th August 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Wishart'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...